IT/ OPS | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Systems Analyst to design, document, code, test, implement, train staff and maintain product solutions that fulfill the Company’s business objectives: generate new revenue opportunities, promote customer satisfaction and realize operational efficiencies in productivity and quality control.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Create, test and maintain core apple scripts, user interfaces and other software development for Print, Electronic and Adgen products and processes.
- Develop efficiencies and implement solutions by reviewing processes, conferring with users, studying systems flow and work processes and investigating problem areas.
- Document, train staff and coordinate customer roll-out plans in the live production environment.
- Act as a technical resource for staff and customer base.
- Keep current with changes and advances in software programming, tools and techniques. Adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the Company and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience in a production environment
- General Programming Skills, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing
- Working knowledge of OSX, VMS, XML, XSL, AppleScript and Perl programming languages
- Demonstrated leadership, communications and organizational skills
- Proven analytical, user support and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task; manage multiple responsibilities
- 24 hours a day/7 days a week rotating on call support
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.