IT/ OPS | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a System Administrator:
Come help us build and maintain one of the most widely used global infrastructures in the world. Gracenote’s infrastructure supports products and technologies for recognizing and recommending music, movie and TV for you, your family and your friends every day. Design, architect, deploy and maintain new services and infrastructure internally and externally to meet constantly evolving needs. You don’t need to live on the edge when you’re helping build the edge with technologies that are still being written.
- Support internal and external production services that handle traffic from millions of end-users daily across our international network. This includes monitoring and logging systems as well as developing automated configuration utilizing chef and other technologies
- Installation and maintenance of servers, operating systems, and application software
- Collaborate with developers and administrators and assist with management of production projects utilizing the latest tools available
- Understand, document and troubleshoot complex systems of servers and software
- Rack, stack and cable new systems (occasionally)
- Shell scripting for task automation
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- 4 years of UNIX system administration experience with at least 2 years in 24x7 high availability data center environment
- Proven administration experience in Linux. Some Solaris experience preferable
- Understanding of the issues facing high-availability, high-demand Internet sites
- Strong scripting in languages such as Ruby/Python/Bash
- Must have good written and verbal skills and be able to work in a team environment
- Self-motivation to manage priorities with attention to detail
- Willingness and experience working nights, mornings and weekends (as needed) and on a rotating on-call basis to ensure system reliability and customer support.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.