Sr. Technical Product Manager
Software Engineering - Systems | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Technical Product Manager to work with our LA-based engineering team on our portfolio of web applications and data services as well as extend our offerings in the video rights space. Our flagship product, Studio System, is the industry standard for entertainment data and business intelligence, serving every major Studio, Television Network, Talent Agency and Production company. Studio Data brings the vast datasets from the Studio System site to Gracenote customers and includes in-depth descriptions of thousands of TV shows and movies as well as celebrity profiles.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Engage directly with engineering team(s) on a daily basis
- Ensure user stories are complete with appropriate requirements and acceptance criteria and are properly ranked based on all stakeholder input
- Engage with multiple stakeholders, including Product, Customer Success, Engineering leadership, and Architects to ensure correct requirements are provided to the engineering team
- Represent the team’s interests in building maintainable, scalable solutions that also meet business requirements
- Collaborate with System Management team to standardize technical requirements, as appropriate, across components and systems
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 5+ years managing technical products or projects
- Experience with SCRUM Product Ownership role
- Understanding of how to write detailed, technical requirements and stories with acceptance criteria
- Ability to articulate business value of technical initiatives to business stakeholders
- Ability to articulate business value of product and sales initiatives to engineering teams
- Experience with big data and/or entertainment products a plus
- Exposure to a variety of technical environments and architectures.
- Experience with geographically distributed teams operating in a variety of time zones.
- Experience with SaaS applications.
- Experience with web based, distributed applications and API.
- General expertise in areas: (API based applications, WEB based applications, React, .Net (C#), Python, R, Ruby, TSQL, Elasticsearch) a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.