Sr. Software Engineer
Software Engineering - Platform | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Sr. Software Engineer (On-site or Remote):
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Take complete development ownership of one or more product areas of Video data delivery platform.
- Work as part of a team to plan, develop, and implement high quality software solutions within the required time-frames using a Scrum-based methodology
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making.
- Review code and champion best practices across the team.
- Troubleshooting, root causing, and fixing problems in a blameless environment
- **This position can be remote or on-site in our Emeryville office**
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 7-10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must have a CAN DO attitude
- Able to clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Open to work on various technologies depending upon business needs.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated learner and have the ability to learn new technologies very quickly.
MUST HAVE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Can write clean code with high level of test coverage.
- Excellent knowledge of Java/Kotlin or any other JVM language.
- A solid foundation in software development and software design principles.
- Must have a good understanding of using relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL and should be good at writing SQL queries, performance profiling and analysis.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Should have good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Messaging Systems (Kafka, JMS, etc.)
- RESTful web service design and implementation
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (Amazon AWS and its tools)
- Experience with DevOps tools (ansible, terraform etc.)
- Real-time stream processing and large data.
- Experience in more than one programming language
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.