Sr. Software Engineer
Software Engineering - Applied Research | Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Sr. Software Engineer:
In the role you will:
As a member of this dynamic and fast-paced team, you will be involved in the development of live broadcast monitoring system and business intelligence (BI) services.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design and implement a live broadcast monitoring backend using various multimedia fingerprints
- Implement a user interface for the business intelligence services based on broadcast monitoring
- Test the performance of the monitoring system on real world data
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in Computer Science
- Experience in Unix/Linux based development environment
- Knowledge in network and multithread programming
- Knowledge in data structure and algorithms
- A passion for problem solving
- Experience with mission critical services
- Experience with NoSQL databases (implementation or application to production services)
- Experience with log / metric collection and analytics systems (such as ElasticSearch and Grafana)
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (Amazon AWS and its tools)
- Experience with DevOps tools (Chef, Docker, etc.)
- Ability to fast prototype API servers for web applications
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.