Sr. Software Engineer
Software Engineering - Content Technology | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Understand project requirements and document requirements/client communications
- 4 - 7 years of rich experience in developing n-tier Web applications using Asp.Net 4.0 / 4.5 & C#
- Good experience in Design patterns such as Creational and Structural patterns
- Technically very sound, should be able to provide/validate technical solutions
- Very good experience in database programming using SQL Server 2008 or above (table design, Stored
- Procedures, Trigger Design, DML Operations)
- Good knowledge in executing projects using Iterative, Agile methodologies like Scrum
- Ability to take technical decision with little or no guidance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, and fanatical attention to detail
- FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 3+ years of strong experience in ASP.net, C#
- Writing queries in MS SQL
- MVC & WCF are nice to have.
- Able to drive the development of any application alone
- Good team player
- Good communication skills and should be able to do client interface role
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.