Sr. Product Manager
Personalization Content & Product | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Our team seeks someone passionate about real-time data, analytics/insights dashboards, and media industry in general to join us as a Sr. Product Manager. Our Product Managers help to drive the business and technical strategy for our product lines. You’ll work closely with the Sales, Customers, and Product and Engineering teams to help shape our real-time analytics and data products. The role will focus on product roadmap and development of user features, UI/UX features, metrics/definitions and product and technical requirements, customer APIs and data delivery for our Products.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background and aptitude for analytics products (data geek) and as well as current or previous technical background in building and launching data products. This role will work closely with engineering and data science, and is key to driving growth through new products and as well as integration with our parent company Nielsen.
- Clearly define and evolve product roadmap, requirements based on insightful analysis of customer needs, market opportunities, key market trends, gaps/weaknesses, and Gracenote/Nielsen core competencies.
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering, data science and design teams and other stakeholders to prioritize and deliver a compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on the data, metrics, calculations, dependencies and accuracy to ensure you can deliver a data product that our clients can trust.
- Review customer requests and issues and translate them into effective long-term solutions and features
- May be required to support other products as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Experience in media industry or analytic product suites
- Curiosity for data, metrics, analytics, insights and enabling platforms. A passion for rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data.
- Familiarity with SQL for various databases including: MySql, Hive etc.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Ability to develop wireframes and other design/prototyping tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with at least one programming language is desirable but not required
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.