Software Engineering - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join a small team focused on developing software that aids in the collection and processing video metadata. Our customers’ appetite for video data is unbounded and you will help meet their needs by designing/building/supporting a variety of applications that enable us to collect, catalog, and process video data, more efficiently, and with higher quality.
Our teams are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about technology, writing code, building cool, customer driven solutions, and who can demonstrate that to us with personal projects or contributions to the open source community (by writing code, participating in discussions, or evangelizing their favorite tools and languages).
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience coding in : Java 8, Groovy, Kafka, SQL, NoSQL, Python, Scala
- Kafka experience with configuration, Thrift/AVRO
- Jenkins and Git experience
- Experience with AWS setup and configuration
- Team experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and test-driven development
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Built applications using relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server
- Ability to work with other teams
- Ability and passion for learning new technologies
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.