Sports Ingest Editor - 3pm - 11:30 pm shift
Content - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Sports Ingest Editor to research, gather and process sports information from regional and national sports channels, pro and college leagues for entry into Gracenote databases; serve as a sports liaison to Editorial department.
** This posting is for the 3pm - 11:30 pm shift**
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Establishes and maintains station logs for national, regional and pay-per-view sports cable channels in the United States and Canada.
- Enters and maintains league schedules, non-team events and specials in the database.
- Assists with seasonal projects such as NBA and NHL playoffs.
- Assists other Gracenote departments and clients with sports queries.
- Assists department AME/senior with special tasks as they arise.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one year experience in editorial department preferred.
- Must be organized, possess multi-tasking ability and be attentive to detail.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate above-average to exceptional accuracy and efficiency in Grade 10 editing.
- Must have knowledge of North American-based sports leagues; International sport knowledge a plus
- Must be able to participate in on call- beeper rotation
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.