Content- Music | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
If you’re passionate and knowledgeable about the rapidly evolving world of movies, music, sports, television, streaming services and digital-first content, then there’s a perfect opportunity for you at Gracenote, the world’s leading provider of entertainment information. We are presently looking for a Sourcing Specialist who will work with Gracenote's world-class, industry standard "Studio Systems" and movie/TV metadata. The hard-working, detail-oriented Sourcing Specialist position is full-time and will be based in our Hollywood office. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the music, sports, networks, shows, talent and trends driving entertainment content today. A background in the entertainment and/or digital industries is a must.
The Sourcing Specialist will establish and maintain relationships with broadcasters, studios, producers, sports leagues, streaming services and music labels in the North American market as well as support Gracenote’s Studio System product by conducting ongoing research on television programming and original digital content and entering it into the database.
- Conduct outreach in person, by email and by phone to expand Gracenote’s coverage around content such as studios, streaming networks, television, movies, sports and music.
- Acquire metadata from companies, projects and people—including in-development and current projects—and work with those companies to get schedules, synopsis and artwork for addition into Gracenote databases.
- Assist with creation of presentation materials
- Research and respond to source inquiries
- Work as needed across Gracenote teams and offices to support company-wide projects and initiatives
- Bachelors’ degree in Journalism, Communications or related field.
- Minimum two years experience in the entertainment industry
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite.
- Ability to adjust to rapidly shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Strong communication skills, ability to multi-task and remain detail-oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and transparently with multiple levels of seniority.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent project and time management skills.
- Able to work alternative hours around big events and during award seasons.
- Ability to travel to industry events/meetings.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.