Project Management (PMO) / Customer Success | Munich, Germany | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Solution Architect:
We are presently looking for a Solution Architect to focus on our Video products and customers. In this role you will develop subject matter expertise in the video product vertical and be expected to develop, document and maintain in-depth knowledge of Gracenote’s products, ID structure and underlying technology.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Support the Global Sales organization in technical pre-sales activities by: assessing potential application of company products or services; providing in-depth product and technical overviews to potential customers; recommending solutions that meet customer needs.
- Proactively develop and propose technical solutions that clarify how Gracenote products brings business value to address critical challenges faced by customers
- Provide post-sale customer support and training as required to specific Key Accounts, including product set-up, on-site demonstrations, and technical support.
- Maintain a high level of technical product knowledge with Gracenote’s product portfolio and roadmap, and how these products can best be integrated in converged use cases and with customer specific applications.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of Gracenote content standards, editorial systems and production technologies.
- Participate in the collection of data and information in response to and drafting of RFP/RFIs and other new business opportunity inquiries and proposals.
- Support technical account managers in the early implementation phase of customer engagement as the technical subject matter expert.
- Assist in the training of other Gracenote solution architects and technical account managers, as needed.
- Participate in the creation and review of Customer Success processes and documentation that includes: project Wiki pages, client facing product documentation, client facing "Best Practices" documentation, and client facing "Solution Design" documents. Support product development efforts to enhance existing products, as well as define new products and services, and the requirements associated with customer implementation best practices.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent in field of computer science or software engineering.
- At least 5 years engineering experience in developing and/or technically supporting consumer electronics products or products in related fields.
- Knowledge of Embedded and Server based systems; and Video and/or entertainment background is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of common data feed types (CSV, XML JSON) with the ability to ingest and analyze.
- Knowledge of common database, ETL, and scripting technologies (PERL, PHP, shell)
- Knowledge of common data delivery technologies (FTP, rsync, API (REST, SOAP))
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills and goal-driven approach when addressing technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills, experience in team leadership, and ability to provide guidance, as needed to other team members and to customers.
- Strong experience in requirements definition, analysis, and conducting customer interviews, with an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- A keen interest in emerging technologies especially around the digital content domain.
- Proficiency working with standard and leading edge development and data analysis tools.
- International experience a plus, as is experience working with remote and dispersed international teams.
- Proficiency in back-office tools such as jira, wiki, Salesforce, Innotas, Dropbox, etc.
- The ability to travel domestically and, occasionally, internationally (occasional travel expected up to 20% at times)
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.