Software Engineer, Music
Software Engineering - Automotive | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer for Music to help us stay ahead of the curve! Gracenote's Music Team is involved in a wide variety of projects and technologies relating to music, from media recognition to recommendation systems, to data processing and modeling, to machine listening, to client/server architecture, and the list goes on! In your role on the team you will become an expert in Gracenote's music technologies and platforms, and work on our projects from conception to completion by researching and prototyping solutions, solving problems, developing tools, and writing parts or all of production system components.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 2-5 years of experience as an engineer in the industry with demonstrable experience in building and maintaining complete software projects
- Interested in working on an ever-changing list of music related projects but for several markets including innovative market defining products for Automotive industry
- Must have great communication skills and be able to work well in teams
- Knowledge with DB technologies required (either SQL, NoSQL or both)
- Experience in organizing, exchanging and processing data (DBs/TSV/XML/JSON, data APIs, client-server protocols)
- Kafka and stream processing experience preferred but not required
- Knowledgeable in multiple programming languages and willing to pick up more, as needed; experience in C# preferred. Other examples: Java / Python / C++
- Experience in both employing off-the-shelf software for rapid progress as well as "writing your own", when this makes the most sense preferred
- Some Linux / Unix knowledge preferred
- Candidates with Windows/Mac experience in addition preferred
- Enthusiastic about music, music data, and solving problems in this space
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.