Software Engineer in Test
Software Engineering - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer in Test to ensure Gracenote’s data, products and applications meet business and technical requirements.
The entertainment world revolves around television, movies, celebrities and the many ways people can watch their favorite people and programs. Gracenote thrives in that exciting environment -- where the world of entertainment meets computer science.
- Work with software development teams to understand the architecture of new and existing applications
- Plan test approaches and develop automated and manual scripts using standard testing toolsets and frameworks, ensure tests are executed consistently, and results are available for follow-up and reporting.
- Ensure best practices in script maintainability and version control are applied.
- The ideal candidate will have previous software development experience, be comfortable with Linux command lines, and have scripting experience (i.e., shell, Perl, Python).
- Experience developing and executing SQL statements for testing and validation.
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user-acceptance testing.
- Experience creating automated tests either via scripting or the use of tools.
- Experience with Agile methodology, including the ability to understand and analyze and multi-tiered software applications, is a major plus.
- Experience successfully working in an environment with applications that have high-data volume, strict performance requirements and 24x7 uptime.
- Experience using test automation tools such as Selenium, JMeter, Cucumber
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and tools such as Hudson/Jenkins.
- Knowledge of release management and deployment tools and methodologies.
- Experience working with large datasets and XML
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.