Software Engineering - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Advanced Discovery Team. This team is responsible for building and maintaining a host of services that facilitate content search and discovery for Gracenote's customers around the world.
As a member of the Advanced Discovery team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and supporting Gracenote's video discovery services, including Voice Search, Enhanced Keywords, Content Recommendation and Personalization, and Content Ratings.
- You'll help build and maintain public facing APIs to deliver data to Gracenote customers
- You'll interact with other Gracenote teams and Third Party partners to efficiently collect and manage large amounts of data
- You'll work with our DevOps team to build a scalable, highly-reliable infrastructure for Discovery services
- You'll work with our Product Team and Data Analysts to continually improve data quality
- You'll participate in code reviews and knowledge-sharing sessions with the rest of the engineering team
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language (preferably Java, Python or Ruby)
- Understanding of Relational Database design and optimization
- Experience building REST APIs and corresponding backend services
- Proven data analysis skills
- Passion for creating clean, efficient code and for improving existing systems
- Self-awareness, drive, and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with Cloud-based infrastructure (preferably AWS)
- Experience with micro-service architectures / containerization
- Experience with Git and CI/CD workflows
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.