Software Engineer (C++)
Software Engineering - Telecom | Richardson, TX | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Gracenote is seeking a strong and experienced C++ software engineer to work with a team to develop cross platform C++ code for secure data filtering, collection, packaging and upload to the cloud.
- Develop C++ code
- Develop automated tests
- Implement best practices for quality, security, and efficiency
Minimum 3+ years experience in designing and implementing C++ solutions for deployment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in C++
- Development in an OSX/Linux environment
Desired Areas of Experience:
- Boost C++ library (inc. Boost.Test, and Boost.Asio)
- Apache Avro
- Development using the Android NDK
- In depth knowledge of TCP, IP, UDP, HTTP/S networking protocols
- Working in a distributed Agile structure (utilizing JIRA, Confluence, Crucible)
- Git, Bitbucket
- Test Driven Development
- Jenkins, Docker, and Gradle
- AWS: Kenesis Firehose, Cognito, Lambda, S3
- Working independently and in a self-started manner. Direction and support will be provided by the manager, but the candidate is expected to be a proactive member and put forth his/her own ideas
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
BS in Engineering and / or Computer Science
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.