Internal Application: Software Engineer, Applied Research, Audio
Software Engineering - Applied Research | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Engineer to join the Applied Research team at Gracenote. This team develops cutting edge technologies relating to music and audio, including media recognition, recommendation systems, data processing pipelines, and machine listening. In your role on the team, you will help disseminate these technologies throughout the company and to customers by developing tools, creating demo applications, and writing production system components.
Applicants should include a cover letter.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Good programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Comfortable porting and optimizing research code (Python/Matlab) to C/C++, including familiarity with scientific programming libraries (e.g. Numpy, Scipy, Sklearn)
- Takes pride in designing and building intuitive user interfaces with the use of application / web frameworks such as Qt, bootstrap, D3...etc
- Capable in cross-platform software development, particularly for OSx and Linux
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems in AWS
- Experience in organizing, exchanging and processing data (DBs/TSV/XML/JSON, data APIs, client-server protocols)
- Experience in both employing off-the-shelf software for rapid progress (e.g. AWS, MongoDB, etc.), and "writing your own" when no suitable third party tools exist
- Some DB experience beneficial (e.g. Oracle / MySQL / SQL Server)
- Interested in working on an ever-changing list of audio related projects
- Enthusiastic about audio, music, music data, and solving problems in this space
- Self starter capable of working independently and across a variety of engineering teams
- Familiarity with Python Deep Learning frameworks such as Theano/Tensorflow
- Familiarity with Machine Learning concepts and frameworks
- Familiarity with Audio DSP
- Familiarity with music and music technologies (e.g. MIDI, music theory)
- Experience handling large amounts of data
- Experience building native applications for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.