Software Development Engineer in Test
Software Engineering - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to contribute to our primary video metadata delivery platform. If you are a SDET with great attention to detail, if you love finding innovative solutions for hard problems, this is the right place for you! We are looking for engineers who can write robust automated data ingestion analysis, web service integration assessments, and messaging pipeline checks. We are a fast-paced team where the SDET works closely with developers in an agile environment. Expect to spend about 20% of your time designing and creating automation, 40% training your teammates in automation and TDD (Test Driven Development) and the rest working with business leads and developing.
- Collaborate with the Engineering teams to identify candidates for automation.
- Define automation strategy and review it with stake holders.
- Improve code coverage, review and fill in gaps in existing automation.
- Train developers in the art of test driven development (TDD).
- Build automation infrastructure to enable continuous deployment.
- Represent the customer, understand how they use the system and include the most relevant end to end user scenarios in validation plans and automation.
- Understand our complex domain and product in detail and put that understanding to use to ensure optimal coverage.
- B.S. in CS preferred, 6 years applicable industry experience required
- Experience in agile methodologies and tools
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects / initiatives
- Several years of Ruby development experience (Python development experience will be considered)
- Experience working with Cucumber or Selenium/Appium
- Experience in complex database technologies and SQL queries
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience working with Jira Plugins
- Experience working with highly complex bash scripts
- Experience leading/mentoring others
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.