Service Application Support Developer
IT/ OPS | Halifax, Canada | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are looking for a driven Service Application Support Developer specialist to become part of our agile Sports team here in Bayers Lake Halifax. We’re looking for people with programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our systems are largely built using Java/.NET-based technologies, but we’re looking for smart, driven individuals that have a variety of technologies in their toolbox.
The Service Application Support Developer specialist is responsible for resolving or escalating site issues from submission/detection to fulfillment/resolution. You will be working a rotating schedule within your team, and your primary duties include technical triaging, providing status updates and communications to management as required. Other responsibilities would include:
- Identifying common issues and working toward long term solutions
- Maintaining internal applications
- Internal documentation
- Working closely with management and development team to execute on tasks
- Base unit testing as work/functionality is completed
- Technical Diploma or Bachelor's degree is required
- Ability to program in technologies such as Java, Angular JS, React, Node, XML, SQL Server
- Knowledge of GIT, Jenkins, Bamboo and other Continuous Integration services
- Well versed in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with third party and open source tools such as Hibernate and Spring would be considered an asset
- Superior written and oral communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills necessary
- Excellent time management skills
Nice to Have:
- Technical documentation skills an asset
- Sports knowledge
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.