Senior Revenue Analyst
Accounting / Finance | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst to join our Revenue Accounting Team to provide technical accounting support to the Sales and Finance organizations worldwide. This role will support the month-end close, analyze and document the accounting for sales contracts and prepare and support management reporting.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensure revenue contracts are properly recorded in alignment with US GAAP and Company policies.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Analyze revenue trends and investigate variances, partnering with FP&A team.
- Prepare royalty reporting for cost of sales (COS) vendors. Record COS monthly and analyze trends. Work with Business Development on new agreements and reporting requirements
- Manage recurring and deferred revenues monthly and ensure proper recognition in compliance with Company policies.
- Stay current on revenue recognition guidance and makes interpretations of guidance with respect to company revenues.
- Identify and recommend process improvements in the order-to-invoice process.
- Support system implementations and on-going maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 by maintaining required documentation and supporting the testing of revenue operations.
- Partner across functional teams on key areas of responsibility.
- Assist in special projects.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 3-5 years of current industry experience
- Public Accounting (Big 4) experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA (or equivalent)
- In depth knowledge of US GAAP; ASC 985-605 and ASC 605 required; ASC 606 experience a plus
- Deal Desk and contract review experience desired
- Team player and solid communicator (written and verbal skills).
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and business partnering ability.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks simultaneously.
- Confidence, good judgment, energy and personality to work in a fast paced environment across all levels of management, across functions and geographies.
- Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment and be assertive when needed.
- Experience with Salesforce and SAP a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.