Senior Product Manager Telecom / Tech
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Gracenote is seeking an innovative and experienced Senior Product Manager to develop and / or assess new products and detail requirements for Gracenote’s drive test and mobile measurements products for the Service Quality and Nielsen Mobile Performance (NMP) teams. This individual will work as a mobile measurement subject matter expert on the Product Leadership team. They will gather and analyze feedback from sales, marketing, and most importantly clients to define requirements to ensure products are delivered to meet our clients’ needs and grow Gracenote's business.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Write product and business requirements documents to clearly articulate product features
- Create business cases and return on investment analyses for new features; weighing what clients ask for versus what is best for Gracenote and the overall product strategy
- Develop subject matter expertise in Gracenote’s Service Quality and NMP products including but not limited to: industry expertise, technical implementation, operational process, competitive analysis
- Determine clients’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Collaborate with Client Services and Engineering to manage scope and resolve issues to meet requirements
- Support product marketing, analytics and sales as the subject matter expert through partnership with engineering, product leadership, client services
- Identify opportunities for the development of competitive offerings and external vendor relationships
- Assess market competition by comparing Gracenote’s product to competitors' products
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, experience in the telecom industry with focus on product engineering, project and product management. Must be familiar with a wide variety of network and telecom technologies, as the job requires understanding and coordination with other technology teams. Must be comfortable conveying both high-level and detailed information, adjusting the way concepts are presented to better address varying audiences.
- Minimum 3–5 years of project/product management experience in telecom and/or other high-tech industry
- Strong knowledge in mainstream wireless and wired technologies (5G, LTE, GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Metro Ethernet, xDSL, DOCSIS, MPLS, Sigfox, LoRA, VoLTE, Small Cells, SDN/NFV)
- Expert in forecasting, reporting and tracking month to month metrics to measure performance against business case goals
- Demonstrated experience using SQL, MS Project, Tableau, MS Office, and Google products
- Significant experience with Agile and waterfall process methodology
- Previous experience in defining solution architectures involving API development is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline required; additional education/training a plus
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.