Senior / Lead Software Engineer (Digital Media)
Software Engineering - Video | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology.
We are presently looking for an experienced Senior / Lead Software Engineer (with eventual team leadership potential) to help lead a team focused on building a new digital media platform across video, music and sports verticals.
Our teams are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about technology, writing code, building cool, customer driven solutions, and who can demonstrate that to us with personal projects or contributions to the open source community (by writing code, participating in discussions, or evangelizing their favorite tools and languages).
FOR THIS ROLE WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Team experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and test-driven development
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Built applications using relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker
- Experience designing and deploy applications in AWS
- Experience with image libraries & tools such as ImageMagick and Photoshop
- Knowledge of video codec libraries and transcoding multimedia files
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.