Senior Java Developer
Software Engineering - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for Senior Java Developer (On-site or Remote) to become part of our agile video data delivery platform team.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work on data processing pipeline using best open source technologies like Kafka, Kafka Streams (Confluent Stack), Postgres, Java and Kotlin
- Take complete development ownership of one or more product areas of Video data delivery platform.
- Actively engage in technology & design decision making.
- Review code and champion best practices across the team.
- Troubleshooting, root causing, and fixing problems in a blameless environment
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience in working with Java and/or Scala. Kotlin experience will be an added advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must have a CAN DO attitude
- Able to clearly communicate ideas to others.
- Can write clean code with high level of test coverage.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated learner and have the ability to learn new technologies very quickly.
- Experience with Messaging Systems (Kafka, JMS, etc.) will be considered an asset.
- Experience with cloud environment and tools (Amazon AWS and its tools) and DevOps tools (ansible, terraform etc.) will be considered an asset.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.