Senior Director of Product Management Telecom / Tech
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Gracenote is looking to hire an experienced Senior Product Director to assume ownership of its Mobile Service Quality assets. Gracenote's Service Quality product portfolio is comprised of the Nielsen Mobile Panel measuring usage, engagement and performance using smartphones and tablets. Gracenote operates mobile panels in the US and markets across the globe, and they play a critical role enabling Mobile carrier’s services, planning products and performance analytics A Product Director in this role will lead Gracenote's mobile measurement strategy, ranging from new capabilities, operating efficiency, optimized panelist experience and wellness.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide the vision for Nielsen's cross-platform mobile panel measurement - including metering strategy for smartphones and how to bring together usage data and network performance
- Partner with major clients to ensure their consumer user behavior and experience is accurately reflected in Gracenote's panel-based measurement
- Oversee panel quality, establish success criteria for panel wellness and lead a cross-functional team to ensure panel health in terms of recruitment, data quality and financials
- Manage product roadmap for digital panel platform globally, establish requirements for new capabilities and deliverables balancing priority across diverse downstream data needs
- Lead business development activities regarding panel activities with potential partners
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 10+ years business analysis or product management experience, preferably with experience in panel management, methodology or operation
- Excellent quantitative reasoning skills; ability to quickly resolve and understand issues with large data sets; High competency working on quantitative and technical tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting and interacting with management and clients
- A “self starter” with the ability to manage independent accountability to a larger team, direct multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage and build relationships with clients and external parties to understand product features and requirements
Preferred Role requirements:
- Subject matter expertise with digital metering technology, panel-based measurement or analytical methodologies, or other panel-based research
- Strong knowledge in mainstream wireless and wired technologies (5G, LTE, GSM, CDMA, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, Metro Ethernet, xDSL, DOCSIS, MPLS, Sigfox, LoRA, VoLTE, Small Cells, SDN/NFV)
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau or other data analysis tools is a plus; past experience with Agile development framework and tools
- Demonstrated capabilities to manage both technical and non-technical staff
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.