Senior Computer Vision Research Engineer
Software Engineering - Applied Research | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you passionate about working on problems related to computer vision, deep learning, and large data sets? Are you interested working in a world-class, high-powered team innovating technologies for television and movie content?
At its core, we are an entertainment data and technology company powering the world’s top video content providers, music services, and consumer electronics companies. Daily, Gracenote processes 35B+ queries and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 4 years, the company has grown to more than 2200 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for video, sports, music, and entertainment technology.
We are seeking a full-time Senior Research Engineer to advance computer vision technologies that power our recognition, navigation, and recommendation applications. You will have ample opportunities to publish papers at conferences as well as have your ideas patented. A successful candidate is self-motivated and thorough, with in-depth understanding of computer vision and machine learning techniques, and excellent programming skills.
Above all, we are looking for a creative problem solver and critical thinker who keeps an open mind, stays relevant by continually educating themselves, and is passionate about efficiency and good design.
The Senior Research Engineer role focuses on research, analysis, development of computer vision techniques, software components and tools for expanding Gracenote’s leadership position in video data and the Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) space. This includes staying up-to-date in the scientific field, participating in research conferences, and collaborating with Gracenote engineers to integrate research components into products. We require creative problem-solving skills, and the ability to independently formulate and implement novel ideas and solutions.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in Machine Learning and Computer Vision technologies
- Proficient in traditional Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms such as image segmentation, optical flow, SIFT, SURF, SVM, PCA etc.
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning toolboxes and Computer Vision libraries such as OpenCV, TensorFlow and Caffe
- Experience of working with large video data sets
- Practical experience with Python, C/C++ and tools like Numpy and Scikit
- Experience working in research oriented environments, and reading and interpreting scientific papers.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.