Schedule Editor, UK and Afrikaans
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Schedule Editor who is bilingual in English (UK) and Afrikaans.
THE COMPANY: Be prepared to love what you do. Gracenote (formerly Tribune Media Services - TMS) is an international leader in entertainment navigation, providing industry-leading databases of TV, movie, music and celebrity information to thousands of companies that serve millions of entertainment consumers. We take pride in what we do and we value a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and nurture a culture that delivers results. http://www.gracenote.com/
ROLE: The bilingual Schedule Editor, English (UK) and Afrikaans edits and maintains TV listings information for the UK market by analyzing program schedules and assessing network and local program information in databases. The individual will consolidate data content and new program information in the database, maintain accurate database information and provide timely updates of listings information. He/she will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage his/her workload.
- Acquire and record correct information regarding programs and TV listings from a variety of UK channels.
- Analyze TV program schedules, assess network, syndicated and local TV program information in databases.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content by consulting program information providers and others.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Edit and maintain TV listings information.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide timely updating of listings information.
- Ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Initiate and maintain effective relationships with programming information providers.
- Act as a customer service representative concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be NATIVE English and Afrikaans bilingual and have excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline and willing to work outside regular business hours.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases.
- Good knowledge of UK television programming preferred.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. In the United States are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.