Schedule Editor, Finland
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionise entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 Billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is a subsidiary of Tribune Media, one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Schedule Editor, Nordics
The Nordics Schedule Editor edits and maintains a database for the Nordic television market by assessing network and local program information. The individual will consolidate data content and new program information in the database, maintain accurate database information and provide timely updates. The successful candidate will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage the given workload and projects.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Acquire and record correct information regarding Nordic TV and VOD programs.
- Write and rewrite Nordic synopsis for movies, shows and episodes.
- Research and populate information such as cast and crew, awards and age rating.
- Investigate, confirm and document questionable program content through research.
- Consolidate data content and new program information in databases.
- Maintain accurate database information and provide updating of outdated information.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information and authenticity of program information.
- Analyze, develop and recommend solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Finnish native speaker
- Proficiency in a second European language is desirable, English is a must.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Good organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Must be able to work accurately under deadline.
- Excellent Keyboarding skills expected.
- Windows proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases.
- Good knowledge of Finnish television programming preferred.
- Preferably with a background in journalism, copy writing or translation.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.