Sales Operations Analyst
Sales | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment that they love, and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 2 years, the company has grown to more than 1800 employees in 20 countries, including over 400 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is a subsidiary of Nielsen, the world leader in consumer studies providing unique insights into consumer trends and habits in over 100 countries worldwide.
When you join the Gracenote team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. Reporting to the Director of Sales Operations, the Sales Operations Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales-related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity. This individual must collect sales data and evaluate performance based on established sales targets and initiatives. This may include normalizing and reconciling disparate data from different sources. The development and tracking of key performance indicators will be critical to enhancing Gracenote’s analytics and improving its decision-making processes.
The Sales Operations Analyst will create both standardized & custom reports, conduct quantitative Market, Vertical, Product & Revenue analysis, and assess data integrity issues and requirements using both salesforce and finance data and reporting. This role may be called upon to effectively contribute to sales action planning, budget planning and strategic planning for global expansion.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Track and report key metrics such as sales weekly pipeline forecasting and monthly results for sales reps and sales leadership to track, assess and report sales results against sales targets
- Identify and evaluate trends and performance measured against sales targets and strategic initiatives
- Generate ad hoc reporting for Sales Leadership
- Support sales action planning including vertical and product penetration through salesforce reporting
- Review territory and market results, make recommendations for adjustments to resource alignment
- Assist in pricing analysis based upon historic and trending sales data
- Identify and evaluate trends and performance measured against sales targets
- Liaise and collaborate with sales operations and sales leadership on sales support needed to expedite sales results and inform accurate and appropriate forecasting and planning
- Support sales account planning across territories, verticals and segments to drive / support effective forecasting
- Review territory, market and vertical and product penetrations results to improve results and drive growth
- Evaluate trends and performance measured against sales targets and suggest enhancements / improvements
- Support sales teams with requests including complex, detailed opportunity management to save time and create efficient, consistent and timely communications and accurate and complete reporting and forecasting.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Ability to perform complex analysis such as trend analysis, what- if analysis, and forecasting
- Ability to provide recommendations and provide thorough, succinct data to support suggestions
- Ability to coordinate and manage simultaneous data analysis requests of varying size and scope
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information to a broad audience in clear, concise, compelling and informative fashion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong knowledge of GSuite, Excel, and Salesforce.com
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.