Sales Director, Europe
Sales | Munich, Germany | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Sales Director, Europe
The Sales Director, Europe will drive revenue for Gracenote’s full line of products with technology companies, cable operators, equipment manufacturers, broadcast networks, cable networks, program distributors, program syndicators and software developers who may license Gracenote products and services in Europe.
This position reports to the Vice President Sal;es, Europe and will regularly collaborate with the Gracenote C-Level executives, Product Managers, Business Development, Finance and HR Teams on European revenue strategy, and partnership opportunities.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Using a thoroughly honed sales process which includes prospecting and developing relationships, analyzing needs and opportunities, negotiating contract terms, documenting activity and following up on issues pertaining to the sale and delivery of services to customers, exceed revenue targets set for the territory.
- Assist in the development of the European revenue plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product in the European territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, and promotional strategy and sales effort).
- Monitor pending cancellation activity and implement strategies to ensure customer retention.
- Implement programs for improving and monitoring sales performance and productivity.
- Communicate with operations to deliver products and services to customers in assigned territory.
- Identify new business opportunities and improve current products by maintaining a strong working knowledge of industry trends and competitive threats.
- Assist with the developing and implementing competitive sales pricing and marketing strategies that allow Gracenote to compete and win with our European clients.
- Work with internal stakeholders to drive product development and continuous improvement; coordinate targeted marketing campaigns and be the voice of Gracenote with major European customers.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Proven track record of sales revenue execution within the media services / metadata space at the $20 Million + volume level.
- Extensive track record of executive level strategic sales combined with exceptional tactical execution.
- Exceptional executive poise, communication, leadership, presentation, time management, multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Solid track record of good business judgment and instincts.
- Proficiency with salesforce.com a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.