Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Twitter, Google, Spotify, and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford, Toyota and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a French Editor (Quebecois French) to translate and/or edit and maintain foreign-language satellite network and regional cable channel TV schedules.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Edits and maintains television schedules and database information for satellite, pay cables and pay-per-view listings for all markets.
- Analyzes program schedules, assesses database information and researches and creates database content for original series and specials.
- Researches and documents questionable program content by consulting program information providers and/or Gracenote personnel.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with programming information providers and acts as a customer service representative when addressing issues concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Adds new international movies, sports, and syndicated shows to the database as required.
- Reviews and corrects new show and movie records created daily in the department.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related language or equivalent work experience.
- Must be fluent (Quebecois French) in conversation, grammar, and reading/writing.
- Must be organized and possess multi-tasking ability.
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Must have keyboarding and Windows proficiency.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
Our passion for music, TV and entertainment on the open road, is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. So if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. In the United States, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.