Software Engineering - Content Technology | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a QA Manager
POSITION: QA Manager
DATE: June 17
REPORTS TO: VP QA
The QA manager will be responsible for leading a small team of QA leaders who will focus on assisting the Agile development groups reach and maintain an acceptable level of software quality, requirements coverage and reporting by providing Quality Process, tool recommendations and coverage gap analysis. The QA manager will also be responsible for managing a small group of technical engineers responsible for delivering and maintaining existing test automation infrastructure and test management tools.
- Owns Quality Process, Tools and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) across the agile teams (Pods) they represent
- Is responsible for ensuring the agile teams achieve complete test coverage for deliverables
- Is responsible for ensuring the agile teams report test progress and quality metrics (KPI’s) to project, product and engineering management
- Ensure the definition of done is defined for each sprint and includes test deliverables
- Suggests improvements to Quality Process within projects and teams and carries out period reviews
- Is responsible for ensuring Pods follow quality process (raise bugs, create reports etc.)
- Helps provide training in quality process and use of quality management tools to agile teams (pods)
- Builds product and service domain knowledge to aid agile teams in definition of test cases
- Supports and rolls out tools for Test Management (X-Ray) to development teams
- Supports and rolls out existing test automation infrastructure and tests to development teams were applicable (Selenium – Appium, Jenkins – Cucumber)
- B.S. in CS preferred, 7+ years applicable industry experience required
- Experience in a QA process consultancy role
- Experience in Agile tool stack technologies
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects / initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in Agile methodologies and working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated Ruby and/or Java programing skills, 4 years plus
- Experience with and rolling out open source automation frameworks, preferably Cucumber and Selenium
- Experience in complex database technologies and sql queries
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous integration technologies, techniques and tools preferably Jenkins
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools such as SonarQube
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.