Product Manager - Data Platform
Product - Video | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Product Manager, Data Platform to define the roadmap and manage the delivery of our API based ingestion service which is the critical first stage of our data pipeline.
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is clearly articulated and communicated and is the primary driver of roadmap and technology decisions
- As product owner, ensure that your team is not only are clear on requirements and acceptance criteria, but also why they are building this
- Ensure clarity on requirements and expectations with key stakeholders across global offices and multiple product lines
- Exceptional project management skills to manage the predictable delivery of your product on-time and on-quality
- Own the quality of the output of your team – be willing to test the output
- Evangelize your product by presenting to customers (internal and external)
- Understand current trends in Big Data technologies and keep pace with changes to influence roadmap decisions
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years experience in a software or data management company, in either a product management or technical account management role
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Understanding of the most recent trends around Big Data and Analytics
- Able to work with individuals and teams across all levels within the company
- Able to influence peers / managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
- Plays well as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience building core data platforms
- Previous experience delivering APIs
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.