Product - Video | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Product Manager:
Do you like to explore data? Do you like entertainment? Would you like to help us build the next generation of video discovery?
We are building a team of entertainment information experts and data analysts who will support our video products and services. Your contributions to our team will help us increase build our next generation of video discovery products in what is the most exciting era in video ever. Help someone in Germany discover they love Korean Soap Operas, or a student in Mumbai binge watch Walter White instead of studying.
Our team seeks someone passionate about data and video to join us as a Product Manager. Product Managers help to drive the business and technical strategy for our product lines. You’ll work closely with the Sales, Content, and Engineering teams to help shape our data products. The role will focus on customer APIs and data delivery for our Video Products – understanding the use-cases and specifications that are shaping this market in 2018.
- Create and manage metadata products that enable our Pay TV operators and smart device manufacturer clients be successful in a rapidly evolving market.
- Work closely with clients to understand their use cases and find new opportunities to drive product growth. Meld their business problems with an understanding of the market to define a clear product vision for your data product that aligns with the overall business and product strategy.
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering teams and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert on the video metadata available and internal delivery pipelines to ensure you can deliver the best data product for your clients.
- Define the optimal XML/JSON delivery schemas that allow clients to effortlessly integrate our metadata products into their backend systems.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience.
- Strong passion for TV/Movie content and how to use this to help our clients surprise and delight their subscribers
- Curiosity for data and APIs. A passion for rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data.
- Comfortable working with XML, JSON and REST APIs
- Familiarity with SQL for various databases including: Sybase, Postgres, MySql
- Experience with at least one programming language
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Technical Product Manager: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- REST/SOAP API development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Development experience with Gracenote or other structured entertainment databases a plus.
- Fluency/familiarity with languages other than English
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field
- Knowledge about the global video market
- Occasional travel to client sites, conventions, training locations, etc.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.