Product - Automotive | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Product Evangelist for Automotive markets who will be responsible for leading product requirements, leading future product innovation to meet OEMs needs, and help drive product roads that are in sync with market developments and trends.
This role reports directly to the GM of Music and Auto. It will be a high visibility role, and will be key in driving growth.
The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to analyze, synthesize, and execute Gracenote product offerings within the automotive industry. The candidate will work in closely with auto OEMS, the OEM research groups, and Gracenote’s product management and development teams.
- Clearly define and evolve product strategy based on insightful analysis of customer needs, market opportunities, key market trends, gaps/weaknesses, and Gracenote core competencies.
- Effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders from product, technology, content, sales, and other functions to influence and execute strategic direction of product roadmap.
- Build strong relationships with auto OEMs, auto technology and eco-system vendors, OEM R&D groups and Tier 1 suppliers around the globe.
- Deepen our understanding of customer requirements, workflows, and buying criteria
- Support the product go-to-market strategy as needed with customer visits and product marketing and sales support
- May be required to support other products as assigned
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Software and/or business experience
- 7+ years of increasing responsibility in Automotive product management or a related industry serving the automotive segment.
- Experience with software or connectivity industries supporting the automotive market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence and communicate clear ideas and plans to internal and external stakeholders.
- A sense of ownership and ability to prioritize and drive issues to closure
- Critical thinking skills and ability to concisely represent a point of view, strong team player mindset.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and present across varied audiences.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.