Product Analyst, Music
Product- Music | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Product Analyst on our Music team.
Our team seeks someone passionate about data to join us as a Product Analyst. Product Analysts knows our data inside and out and leverages this knowledge and tools to improve product performance, quality and end consumer experience. The ideal candidate is proactive to identify product issues, analytical to identify patterns, data driven to drive decisions and will work across closely with Product Managers, Content, and Engineering.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop deeper product understanding and be proactive to identify product quality and performance issues. Collect and analyze data to draw insight and identify solutions for our music product offerings
- Drive product performance and quality metrics
- Continuous learning from on-going QC and results to improve upon product KPIs
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to gather data requirements and oversee process implementation
- Analyze Gracenote’s datasets against the client/customer experience and present dashboards around usage, performance, and stability.
- Create, present, interpret metrics of product usage; communicate findings to varying audiences/stakeholders to support product decisions and roadmap.
- Manage ad hoc reports and quantitative analysis to iron out bugs and issues with engineering.
- Drive/Influence decisions on new products/enhancements based on product data
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- 3+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative/data analytics field or equivalent educational experience focused on data analysis
- Ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple and compelling information
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Proven history of decision making and cross-functional influence through insights
- Fluent with SQL, no-SQL architectures, R, or Python
- Prior experience in building data analysis tool is a big plus
- Prior experience in driving product KPIs and processes is beneficial
- Education: Computer Science/Math/Stats with focus on data analytics is a plus
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.