Photo Researcher, Germany
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world's top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path "big data." Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world's top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is a Nielsen company.
ROLE: The Photo Researcher will be expected to research, select and archive image assets from web sites, studios, distributors and related sources in a timely and accurate manner for entry into an internal database. This role consists mainly of filling image gaps for our VIDEO Rich media department in Europe. Each employee is assigned a ‘market/country’ within Europe to find images for, hence the need for language native-levels and ideally a knowledge of the Entertainment landscape in the assigned market/country. Specifically, the employee will need to find the necessary image(s) to assign to TV Series (at show-level, at season-level and/or at episode level) or Movies (at movie-level and/or scene still level) by following a multitude of approaches which could include 1) reaching out to established contacts within a production company, studio or broadcaster; 2) accessing a press-site or web-portal we have been granted access; 3) web-searching or/and 4) screen capturing. The majority of the work involves a combination of approaches 2, 3 & 4.
The successful candidate will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage the given workload and projects.
- Reseach, select and archive photos, logos and other digital assets from publicists and websites to drive New Media products.
- Maintain an organised system of archiving photos and track collection efforts.
- Initiate, track and maintain communication with broadcasters, and relevant content providers to achieve results.
- Provide clear and transparent updates to Team Leader.
- Assist in setting up automation and the collection of images and maintain the performance of our internal image collection web tool.
- Must possess excellent native or near-native German verbal and written skills.
- Strong communication skills required. Proficiency in a second European language is desirable, must be able to communicate well in English.
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week.
- Good organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills required.
- We are looking for a quality focused individual with high level of attention to detail.
- Ideally suitable for a high-energy, self-motivator with a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator a plus but not essential.
- Windows/Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Experience in media design or communications a plus.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.