Operations Support Developer
IT/ OPS | Nieuwegein, the Netherlands | Full Time
Combine your passion for Tech and Sport!
Who are we?
Gracenote Sports is a leading international sports company that provides innovative and unique products and services to the sports industry. Gracenote Sports is engaged in producing, distributing, publishing and monetization of sports data on all platforms. Gracenotes’ sports database is one of the largest in the world. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels, international sports federations and organizers of events (such as the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games.)
Gracenote Sports offers its customers innovative distribution and publishing solutions with the ambition to publish the data within one second in all products.
To further develop this ambition we are looking for a Operations Support Developer
We are looking for a driven Operations Support Developer to become part of our IT Operations team in Nieuwegein. We’re looking for people with programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our systems are largely built using MS SQL server and .NET/Java-based technologies, but we’re looking for smart, driven individuals that have a variety of technologies in their toolbox.
Being flexible and easily switching between tasks are the key words.
The Operations Support Developer is responsible for resolving or escalating issues from submission/detection to fulfillment/resolution. You will be working a rotating schedule within your team, and your primary duties include technical triaging, providing status updates and communications to management as required. Other responsibilities would include:
- Identifying issues in the operational data flow and working toward long term solutions
- Maintaining, tuning and improving internal applications
- Internal documentation
- Experience with SQL server and T-SQL
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills in Dutch and English
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new content areas and new skills quickly and well required.
- Working a rotating schedule and willing to work on regular evening and weekend shifts
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of different program languages and technologies
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Sports Knowledge
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.