Network Operations Analyst
IT/ OPS | Queensbury, NY | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Network Operations Analyst. This position is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, fixing and/or reporting issues for various systems, software applications and live production across multiple Gracenote business units with 24/7 coverage. Schedule all Gracenote live production.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Monitor production, software and system activity on Linux, Mac OS, Windows and Alpha systems to ensure completion of customer products in a timely manner.
- Effectively identify and communicate existing or potential issues related to all aspects of the production process including systems, software and customer deliveries.
- Promptly research and respond to all internal inquiries as they relate to the above areas.
- Read, interpret, schedule and coordinate production cases for all live production, communicating with necessary personnel to ensure completion in an accurate and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- One year of experience within a computer/deadline driven environment or Associates degree in Computer Science or other related field.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team with minimal to no supervision.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting, organizational, observation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of hardware and software basics with the ability to work on MAC, PC and Linux platforms.
- Background in interfacing with systems/software including graphical, web and command line methods.
- Working knowledge in using Google Office products including Mail, Docs & Sheets.
- Must participate in on call support and be flexible to work times/days that are not regularly scheduled, including holidays.
- Strong customer service and interoffice skills.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.