Internal Application: Music Specialist, DACH, Fluent German required
Content- Music | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Be prepared to love what you do!
Gracenote is building a team of entertainment information experts and data specialists who will support our music products and services. Your contributions to our team will help us increase content coverage in existing and emerging markets to give our customers a premium music metadata experience. Our Music Editorial team is made of up music specialists with a deep knowledge of regional music trends and genres.
We are presently looking for a Music Specialist, DACH
We are looking for a metadata/content editor with a specialisation in German as well as American and British popular music. In this position, you will combine your music knowledge with a sharp eye for detail in order to support an artist and discography database. You must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable with technology, and able to maintain focus on tasks and deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Ensure that album and artist metadata are of highest quality
- Apply independent judgment to review, correct and classify music-related data elements according to established standards and practices
- Support discography review efforts
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensure that metadata in new music content adheres to our standards
- Research artists to verify metadata
- Communicate issues and resolutions clearly and concisely, escalating problems as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of workflows, tool use, quality control
- Learn and master internal Gracenote tools, technologies, data standards, and processes
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Must be available immediately
- Comprehensive and well-rounded knowledge of wide array of popular music and pop culture
- Must be native German with proficiency in English.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, surfacing problems or issues as necessary
- Detail-oriented with good judgment, critical thinking, and a strong capacity for spotting trends and/or anomalies
- Excellent internet research skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- High computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Basic understanding of the current state of the (digital) music business, previous experience with the radio industry or related media industry job is a plus
- Experience with databases and other technological infrastructure is a plus
Gracenote touches hundreds of millions of music fans and TV viewers every day. We provide music and video content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. We define how the world connects with, discovers and enjoys digital entertainment on tomorrow’s emerging platforms. Work with us on driving the industry standard for music recognition and supporting the largest database of music metadata in the world!