Music Content Editor, Nordics (Finnish speakers alert)
Content- Music | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Be prepared to love what you do.
At Gracenote, we live and breathe music. Our products and services power products from Apple, Amazon, Spotify, Sony, and others. We're the company behind many innovative music and video products. Our Music Editorial team is made of up music specialists with a deep knowledge of regional music trends and genres. Our Music Content team is made of up real music experts with a deep knowledge of regional music trends and genres.
We are presently looking for a Music Content Editor, Nordic Region
In this position, you will combine your music knowledge with a sharp eye for detail in order to support an artist and discography database. You must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable with technology. You must be able to maintain focus on tasks and deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nordic regional popular music, with demonstrated expertise in major genres, to expand and enhance the editorial coverage of artists, albums and tracks so that Gracenote can provide high-quality experiences that are relevant to the market
- Must be native speaker of one of the Nordic countries, and be fluent in English
- Provide in-depth research skills, combined with a firm grasp of relevant local trends, culture, and market insights to meet the needs of the company’s continued expansion into the Nordic market
- Be comfortable providing feedback and advisement to groups (technical, product management, etc.) outside of Content to help improve recommendations and playlist results
- Ability to keep abreast of several weekly music charts, blogs, magazines and other sources to ensure the Gracenote database is up-to-date with new and emerging artists
- Suggest and implement new genres to help improve the classification of Nordic artists
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented, and show familiarity with data-standardization policies and techniques, styles guides, and/or normalization routines
- Able to work independently, with little or no direct supervision, surfacing problems or issues for approval as necessary
University degree in relevant field of study, or commensurate work experience.
- Familiarity with wider European popular music a strong plus
- Practical familiarity with one or more European languages a strong plus
- A background in music journalism, or similar, or related music industry (technology, retail, multi-media) experience
- Familiarity with SQL queries and relational databases
Gracenote, Inc. provides music and video content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the industry standard for music and video recognition and is supported by the largest source of music and video metadata, featuring descriptions of more than 200 million tracks and TV listings for 65+ countries. Gracenote is a subsidiary of Tribune Media Company (NYSE:TRCO) and has offices around the globe. For more information, visit our website www.gracenote.com or follow us at @GracenoteTweets and www.facebook.com/PoweredbyGracenote.
Full-time in-house, 40 hours per week
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gracenote touches hundreds of millions of music fans and TV viewers every day. We provide music and video content and technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. We define how the world connects with, discovers and enjoys digital entertainment on tomorrow’s emerging platforms. Work with us on driving the industry standard for music recognition and supporting the largest database of music metadata in the world!