Internal Application: Music Content Editor, France
Content- Music | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Music Content Editor, French
In this position, you will combine your music knowledge with a sharp eye for detail in order to support an artist and discography database. You must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable with technology. You must be able to maintain focus on tasks and deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Ensure that album and artist metadata are of highest quality
- Apply independent judgment to review, correct and classify music-related data elements according to established standards and practices
- Support discography review efforts
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Ensure that metadata in new music content adheres to our standards
- Research artists to verify metadata
- Communicate issues and resolutions clearly and concisely, escalating problems as needed
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation of workflows, tool use, quality control
- Learn and master internal Gracenote tools, technologies, data standards, and processes
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Comprehensive and well-rounded knowledge of wide array of popular music and pop culture
- Native French speaker
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision, surfacing problems or issues as necessary
- Detail-oriented with good judgment, critical thinking, and a strong capacity for spotting trends and/or anomalies
- Excellent internet research skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- High computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Basic understanding of the current state of the (digital) music business, previous experience with the radio industry or related media industry job is a plus
- Experience with databases and other technological infrastructure is a plus
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.