Linux Systems Administrator
IT/ OPS | Munich, Germany | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
At Gracenote, our values drive our culture. We are passionate about powering world-class products and we perform at our highest levels every day. Come help us build and maintain one of the most widely used music, movie and TV infrastructures in the world. Our metadata helps power Apple iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Microsoft (Xbox, Music), Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Google TV, Roku, Kabel Deutschland and many more name brand music/video outlets. In this role you will design, deploy and maintain new services and infrastructure internally and externally to meet constantly evolving needs.
As the industry leader, we’re looking for folks to join the team who are passionate about technology and who want to stay ahead of the curve. Come help us build and maintain one of the most widely used global infrastructures in the world.
Gracenote’s infrastructure supports products and technologies for recognizing and recommending music, movie and TV for you, your family and your friends every day.
Design, architect, deploy and maintain new services and infrastructure internally and externally to meet constantly evolving needs.
Primary responsibilities: Installation, configuration and maintenance of servers, operating systems and application software. Support internal and external production services that handle traffic from millions of end-users daily across our international network.
- Collaborate with developers and administrators and assist with management of production projects.
- Understand, document and troubleshoot complex systems of servers and software. Shell scripting for task automation.
- Participate in a on-call rotation.
- 4 years of Linux system administration experience with at least 2 years in 24x7 high availability data center environment.
- Proven administration experience in Ubuntu Linux or other UNIX flavors
- Understanding of the issues facing high-availability, high-demand Internet sites Strong shell scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell)
- System-level debugging and troubleshooting experience.
- Must have good written and verbal skills and be able to work in a team environment. Self-motivation to manage priorities with attention to detail
- Production experience with Chef or similar.
- Configuration Management tools.
- Experience provisioning instances to VMware infrastructure.
- Experience deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Ability to identify and eliminate technical debt.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.