Software Engineering - Content Technology | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Java Lead
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- A full-stack developer who can provide expertise on multiple phases of a project lifecycle from concept development to solutions design, implementation, optimization and support.
- Design and develop high-quality products using Core Java, J2EE, Design Patterns, Web frameworks, SQL, RDBMS, Advanced Java and Java based product stack.
- The candidate will follow Agile software development methodologies and adhere to best practices in software development process.
- Should be able to contribute individually and provide technical guidance to the development team.
- Assisting the Architect to drive selection of Technologies stack for development of high performing scalable platforms.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Strong computer science fundamentals: Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns, Multithreading, Distributed Systems and OO Analysis & Design.
- In-depth expertise on Core Java & Java EE conceptual and programming skills.
- Experience in working on RESTful web services development & with frameworks like Spring Boot / Dropwizard, etc.
- Experience in working with RDBMS like Oracle / MySQL / MS-SQL.
- Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS Dynamo DB) / Document DBs (Mongo DB / Couch base), Cassandra.
- Experience on Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment pipeline including Maven, Ansible, Dockers, Jenkins, SonarQube & adherence to test driven development processes using frameworks like JUnit / Mockito.
Desired Skills / Good to have:
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- Experience in working with search platforms like Lucene / Solr / Elastic Search, Kibana Visualization.
- Experience on products like Kafka, Akka, Spark, Hadoop, GO language, J2EE and MySQL Clustering implementation.
- B.E / B.Tech / BCA/ MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Ensure that development progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time.
- Smart + Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environment
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.