Intermediate/Senior Software Developer - Data Streaming
Software Engineering - Content Technology | Halifax, Canada | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for an Intermediate/Senior Software Developer to become part of our agile Sports team in Halifax. We’re looking for people with great programming skills that are quick learners, self-starters, and take ownership of their work. Our systems are largely built using Java, Scala and other open source technologies, but we’re looking for smart, driven individuals that have a variety of technologies in their toolbox
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
1) Process data using a variety of emergent open source technologies
- Confluent stack: Kafka, Kafka Streams, Kafka Connect
2) Deliver data in real time to a large audience in a number of formats (Avro, JSON, XML, HTML)
WHAT DO WE OFFER…
- The chance to work independently alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with your own ideas and implement them
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience working with the following technologies – Java and/or Scala
- Experience with micro service oriented architecture would be considered an asset
- Experience with third party and open source tools such as MongoDB, Jenkins and Kubernetes would be considered an asset
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- Teamwork and teambuilding skills that will contribute directly to team success on assigned projects
Our passion for sports, music, TV and movies is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Halifax to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!