Content - Video | Buenos Aires, Argentina | Full Time
The Ingest Manager is responsible for overseeing linear and non-linear ingest data flow for Latin American and US Hispanic and understanding challenges as well as trends across markets. This person will be responsible for establishing performance and procedural standards, and provide leadership to staff, while ensuring quality and reliability of Content services and products. Ultimately, this role requires assessing the viability of automating new content needs with the goal of gaining greater editorial efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively in a changing and growing environment with multiple priorities.
The position is based in our Buenos Aires office.
- Provide leadership for the Latin American and US Hispanic Ingest teams for day-to-day operations and customer projects in accordance with established goals and budgets.
- Collaborate with the global ingest teams in formation of global workflow processes and best practices and drive local implementation of global standards.
- Establish and maintain high standards for quality, accuracy, and timeliness of editorial content to ensure delivery on agreed KPIs and SLAs, constantly looking for ways to improve quality and coverage utilizing automated and manual processes.
- Help manage local and global ingest projects and initiatives and provide status to requestors.
- Contributes and implements ideas and procedures to improve productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Analyze, and report on, trends across ingest platforms and markets.
- Identify improvements required on existing ingest tools and work with engineering as necessary.
- Evaluate client discrepancy cases, troubleshoot root causes and implement the correct measures and workflow to improve efficiency.
- Develop short-term and long-term goals in support of management objectives, monitors progress, and redirects action plans as necessary.
- Conduct annual and non-scheduled performance appraisals to provide employees with ongoing feedback on performance. Ensure the development and training of employees instituting succession planning for management and supervisory positions.
- Support the company-wide headcount and talent planning process to ensure the right team and skills are in place to deliver to targets.
- Perform administrative tasks that support HR and payroll as necessary.
- Authorize overtime and time off as required.
- Participate in annual department budget and HR planning.
Requirements / Skills:
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ related work experience with Video, Music and/or Sports data management or services.
- Proven leadership skills to effectively lead, develop and inspire a high performing team through change.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- High energy, enthusiasm, initiative and drive.
- Strong decision making capabilities and results oriented.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the entertainment, data and/or technology sector and new media industries in the Latin American and US Hispanic regions.
- Ability to quickly learn and stay current on all Gracenote products and services.