Ingest Editor: Mon-Fri, 12pm-10pm
Content - Video | Sao Paulo, Brazil | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
ROLE: Procures TV listings information, establishes multiple database records and maintains accurate database information for timely use in all products.
SHIFT: Monday 1pm-10pm, and Tuesday - Friday 12pm-10pm
- Edits and maintains television schedules, plus local and shared channels.
- Analyzes program schedules, assesses network, syndicated and local program information in databases and consolidates data content and new program information.
- Investigates, confirms and documents questionable program content by consulting program information providers and/or Gracenote personnel.
- Initiates and maintains effective relationships with programming information providers and acts as a customer service representative when addressing issues concerning product content and editorial policies.
- Analyzes, develops and recommends solutions to editorial, communication and technical procedural and operational needs to ensure the accuracy of editorial listings, authenticity of program information and timely delivery to in-house personnel.
- Maintains a database of satellite services broadcast stations, cable operators and specialized client information consisting of address, telephone, fax, primary contact information and specific editorial guidelines.
- Provides timely updating of listing’s information outside regular business hours.
- Attends all editorial training classes.
- Assists with TV listings information as requested by Senior Channel Editor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be a Brazilian Portuguese native speaker. English language competency also required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, spelling, writing and communication skills.
- Must have keyboarding skills; Windows proficiency preferred.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience at Paytv or telecom companies.
- Channel Edition and/or Database.
Channel Edition and/or DatabaseGracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.