Full Stack Developer (Scala)
Software Engineering - Sports | Nieuwegein, the Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote Sports is a leading international sports company that provides innovative and unique products and services to the sports industry. Gracenote Sports is engaged in producing, distributing, publishing and monetization of sports data on all platforms. Gracenotes’ sports database is one of the largest in the world. Customers and partners are national and international media, TV channels, international sports federations and organizers of events (such as the Olympics and the Commonwealth Games.) Gracenote Sports offers its customers innovative distribution and publishing solutions with the ambition to publish the data within one second in all products.To further develop this ambition we are looking for a Full Stack Developer with knowledge of streaming data architecture and techniques.
We are seeking a Full Stack Developer (Scala):
What does the job involve?
You join an experienced, informal and enthusiastic Scrum team of 6 developers. You develop both innovative projects for renowned (inter)national clients as well for our premium sports data product. Part of the job is working together with international teams of developers located in Gracenote offices around the world.
- A multinational company with clients like FIFA, NOS, NBC, IOC, Eurosport, NU.nl and many
- Motivated, sports minded colleagues
- Working in an Agile and SCRUM development environment
- Working with state or the art techniques
- Working in an international company with appealing customers and products.
- An informal atmosphere in a dynamic media company with a good chance on ownership and
- personal development.
- Competitive salary and good benefits.
- Work with industry standard applications (Jira, Confluence, Github, Bamboo, Jenkins) and
- techniques (MongoDB, Kafka, AWS e.g.)
- Own laptop with OS of choice (Windows, Mac OSX or Linux).
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience with Scala or Java.
- Relevant work experience with both No-SQL (Cassandra and MongoDB) and SQL databases
- Affinity with data and data streams
- Able to work a senior college intellectual level.
- Has experience working in an Agile environment.
- Good communication skills and able to share their knowledge with the team.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Furthermore, it is an advantage if you:
- Have an affinity with sports, active or passive
- Has experience with C#
- Are used to working in a scrum process and have affinity with the scrum master role.
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.