Full Stack Developer
Software Engineering - Video | Mumbai, India | Full Time
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Engineering team. This role is responsible for our online video metadata, a key part of the Gracenote video data ingestion platform, consuming data from the digital catalogs of media outlets like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and iTunes and preparing that data for curation by Gracenote's editorial teams. Companies like Comcast, Google, and Apple rely on Gracenote video metadata to power their products for millions of customers around the globe. We're looking for people who are passionate about crafting and deploying high-quality, high-performance, and highly-available software to join us in building and evolving our platform to deliver data to our customers around the world.
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, distributed systems and relational database concepts.
- Technical expertise and extensive experience with full stack web frameworks including React.JS, php, node.js, Apache, MySQL, Design Patterns, Entity Framework, etc. and ability to research and apply newer technology towards development of large scale systems.
- Experience in latest client side technologies like Angular JS, Bootstrap JS, etc.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS (primarily MySQL) concepts, inner workings and SQL development.
- Ability to work on all facets of building a highly scalable, resilient, secure, stable & high performing solution.
- Should have participated in, and be familiar with Agile project methodologies.
- Identify opportunities to continuously optimize and improve and drive transformation to realize the opportunities
Desired Skills / Good to have
- Experience in working on public cloud environments like AWS, Azure w.r.t. solutions development, deployment & adoption of cloud based technology components like IaaS / PaaS offerings.
- Working expertise on any NoSQL data stores viz. Key-Value stores (Redis, AWS DynamoDB) / Document DBs (MongoDB / Couchbase) / Columnar data stores (Cassandra).
- B.E. / B.Tech / BCA / MCA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Over 2 years’ experience in technology design & development
- Proven ability to understand business objectives and translate into both conceptual architecture and project level deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) to communicate directly with stakeholders.
- Should be a fast learner and have the ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced (nimble) environments.
- Work with vertical product teams across the globe and manage his/her own daily activities of issue resolution and communication across project execution teams.
- Plays well as a member of a team
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Copenhagen, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.