Internal Application: Field Operations Supervisor
Content - Telecom | Lynchburg, VA | Full Time
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company’s Telecom division is seeking a Field Operations Supervisor. Nielsen Mobile is a service of the world's largest and oldest market research firm and provider of syndicated consumer research to the telecom and mobile media markets. Nielsen Mobile recently moved to Gracenote.
Gracenote Mobile Testing products provide a comprehensive measurement of the quality of wireless voice and data services from the consumer's perspective. These information products allow carriers to benchmark their service quality relative to consumer expectations and relative to the competition. Carriers use the information to prioritize network investment, support performance management programs, and analyze network performance trends. Tower operators, infrastructure providers, financial institutions and large enterprises also subscribe to Nielsen Mobile Testing products.
The Field Operations Supervisor will be responsible for market level data quality and data collection as well as schedule adherence for a specified number of teams in the field collecting data. The role will require a strong technical background and RF knowledge, as well as exceptional management and organization skills and attention to detail to ensure that the data being collected adheres to Gracenote’s standard operating procedures and quality standards.
- Manage between three to six field teams (field teams drive every day of the year, excluding weekends and holidays), including third party vendors that support the Mobile Test operation
- Manage between three and six direct report field employees
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed
- Manage employee expenses, performance and expectations
- Ensure on a daily basis that the quality of data being collected meets Gracenote’s high standards
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, as needed
- Ensure drive schedule is adhered to, while maintaining high quality of data collections
- Provide daily drive information to a wide range of internal and external consumers
- Strong RF knowledge and technical background. Practical field knowledge a plus.
- Strong, methodical, demonstrative approach to troubleshooting
- Must be willing to work in the field for first month
- Process oriented in order to ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Leadership skills
- Ability to document metrics based on performance, and use those metrics to improve the process
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, including support of field teams outside a traditional 9-5 business day
- Ability to interpret and assist in navigation with mapping software
- Experience in operations a plus
- Excruciating attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple deliverables in parallel while managing constantly changing deadlines and priorities
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to MS office.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Our passion for music, TV, movies, and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.