Internal Application: European Sourcing Manager (Business Development)
Content - Video | Amsterdam, The Netherlands | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
When you join the Gracenote team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires flexibility, curiosity, and passion. As a Sourcing Manager you will be responsible evaluating internal data needs and establishing and building relationships with key regional Video, Music and Sports metadata and image providers, with the goal of obtaining provider content that will be incorporated within Gracenote’s metadata rich entertainment search and discovery data products.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Lead a team of 2 to 3 European sourcing specialists
- Research content providers, e.g. broadcasters, studios, production companies, and establish relationships across Europe
- Convince sources of the benefits to supply data and images to Gracenote for use in Gracenote's products.
- Create plans to identify and evaluate external providers, taking into consideration data quality, coverage, cost, etc.
- Track and maintain a database of key regional and global content providers and key contacts within for both short and long-term relevancy to Gracenote
- Initiate operational clarifications with operational staff in cooperation with GNs ingestion team.
- Build and maintain cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships with all sources.
- Negotiate and enter into agreements with providers that best address current needs
- Contribute to build vs. buy discussions to determine best course to obtain data
- Compare and rank multiple providers to determine the best fit for Gracenote
- Evaluate/re-evaluate current agreements to ensure relevancy, utilization and value to the organization
- Stay abreast of market trends, industry players and Gracenote’s product direction
- Build a small team of sourcing specialists to take on the increasing number of source relationships needed for Gracenote's future business expansion.
- Bachelor degree required. MBA desired
- Documented success in sales or business development and a deep understanding of the sales process lifecycle
- Strong evaluation and presentation skills
- Thorough understanding of the music and video distribution ecosystem
- In-depth skills in research techniques, using traditional and online resources
- 5+ years in web content and digital entertainment leadership roles with a demonstrated track record of success
- Deep understanding of content, metadata and streaming technologies
- Executive level communication, presentation and cross functional collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, additional major European languages desired
Our passion for music, TV and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Nielsen, an S&P 500 company (NYSE: NLSN), has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90% of the world's population. Nielsen prides itself on being a place where employees can be themselves, make a difference, and grow their careers with the company. It has been named one of the “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” by Diversity Inc for three years running and was selected as one of the “Top 35 Companies for Leaders who want Flexibility” by FlexJobs. For more information visit www.nielsen.com.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.