Editorial Research Specialist - TV & Digital
Content - Video | Hollywood, CA | Full Time
Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment?
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for an Editorial Research Specialist for the TV & Digital team in Los Angeles, California to support our Studio System product. Studio System is Hollywood's most trusted source for entertainment data, research and industry contacts.
This is a perfect opportunity for individuals who have been working in Television content for a year or two, and are looking for the next step in their career.
In this position, the employee will work closely with the TV Team Lead, researching and entering information for current programming, as well as programming in development on an as-needed basis.
The person in this position will develop contacts in current programming, and communicate with those sources on a regular basis to ensure that the site has the most up-to-date information available, providing data for both the L.A. team and for the larger global operation. The candidate will also be responsible for being the primary liaison between this office and the Gracenote office in Mumbai, and will work with the Mumbai team on a daily basis to ensure that all current programming is available to them and being continuously updated.
- 1-2 years entertainment industry experience at an agency, network, studio, or production company
- Passionate about TV and Digital content
- A relentless researcher who can find the answer to any question
- The ability to manage large amounts of data and information in a timely and accurate fashion
- A good eye for detail, the ability to be proactive and take initiative
- Fluent speaker in English
Good to have:
- Experience working for international companies and satellite offices
- Experience working with data collection or content management systems
- Solid connections in the entertainment industry in order to reach out to obtain the necessary data
- Some familiarity with Studio System is definitely a plus
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.